Tuesday, June 15, 2010

On my way..

South Bend to Atlanta—approximately two hours. Seemed like such a short flight compared to what we had in store for us after. There was about a two hour layover in Atlanta which was nice to mentally prepare myself to the realization that the next day I would be in Brazil. Once I stepped on the plane in Atlanta to go to Rio de Janeiro there was no turning back; we would leave in the evening and the next morning we would have traveled thousands of miles to an entirely different place. Having never traveled out of the country, I was extremely nervous for this departure. The plane was enormous and almost completely full.

Thinking about the design and structure of such an incredible means of transportation is unbelievable.

The first thing I noticed which made me laugh was that all of the flight attendants were male. The second was the fact that we were immediately fed a meal. The dinner selection was either chicken or pasta with a bagged roll, makeshift salad with a little packet of dressing, a piece of cheese, and of course the two crackers. Other than that, the flight was full of being uncomfortable and not being able to sleep.

When the sun begins to dawn, it is an absolutely incredible sight to see even if you aren’t in a window seat; I was sitting in the center of the middle row. The only sad part was when the people sitting by the windows closed them and you could no longer see the sun, but I’m hoping I will see many more sunsets and sunrises when I am in Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment